In this post we are going to talk about why it is SO important to have a CO alarm present in your home…yes it sounds boring BUT just have a read and you may be shocked!
A carbon monoxide alarm or CO detector is a device that detects the presence of carbon monoxide (CO) gas in order to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide can easily go undetected as it’s a colourless, odourless, tasteless and a toxic gas produced as a by-product of combustion. It’s extremely dangerous if you have a leak!
Heres a list of common house-hold items that produce CO. If you have any of these, you could have a leak right now and not even know!
- Gas Fires
- Open Fireplaces and woodstoves
- Fuel fired furnaces (non-electric)
- Gas dryers
- Gas stoves
- Gas water heaters
- Gas boilers
Heres a crazy fact!
- The Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that approximately 200 people per year are killed by accidental CO poisoning with an additional 5000 people injured.
So if you would like to purchase a CO alarm from us for only £15 +VAT* then please contact us to stay safe from CO Poisoning!
*A delivery charge may apply.